Looking for lodging in Yellowstone? Stay two blocks down the street from the entrance to nation's first national park in the Traveler's Lodge.
Large groups that stay here love our large meeting room, where they can cook, eat, and spend some quality time together without being cramped up in a little hotel room.
Come stay with us and we'll provide you with a clean and comfortable room that you can use as a home base during your Yellowstone adventures.
The Traveler's Lodge is close to everything you need while you're in West Yellowstone. The Yellowstone Museum is right across the street and the Imax theater is just a block and a half down. Here are some of the activities that are open to you while you're here.
So stay at our West Yellowstone hotel and you are sure to have an relaxing, inpiring trip to America's first national park-Yellowstone!
Outside Yellowstone National Park
- Yellowstone Rodeo - Barrel racing, bareback, bull riding, the rodeo has it all.
- Big Springs - This little known natural fish hatchery is a couple of miles off of Highway 20, one of the two major roads that lead into West Yellowstone.
- Yellowstone IMAX - See the beauties of Yellowstone on the giant screen.
- Howard Springs Rest Area - This little rest area on the side of Highway 20 is about 10 minutes out of West Yellowstone. Many visitors refer to it as "The fountain of youth."
- Yellowstone Museum - This museum focuses on the culture of the Yellowstone area, including Indian and mountain men influences to park tourists.
- Snowmobiling trails - There are hundreds of miles of groomed trails outside the park.
- Take in a show at the Playmill Theater
Make sure you talk to the front desk staff about where the animals are - they keep pretty good tabs on where
folks have been seeing grizzlies, wolves, moose, elk & buffalo.
Inside Yellowstone National Park
Established in 1872, Yellowstone National Park is America's first national park.
Located in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho, it is home to a large variety of wildlife including
grizzly bears, wolves, bison, and elk. Preserved within Yellowstone National Park are Old Faithful
and a collection of the world's most extraordinary geysers and hot springs, and the Grand Canyon
of the Yellowstone.
- Mammoth Hot Springs - The large terraces are formed by mineral deposits from the springs.
- Old Faithful - Quite possibly the most famous natural feature of the park.
- Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone - Gorgeous canyon carved by the Yellowstone river.
- Yellowstone Lake - Yellowstone Lake is especially beautiful in the spring as the ice melts